Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Calling All Monsters!

This is an open invitation to anyone reading my blog!
   

I'm inviting every gamer I know (or don't know!) to come play with Nimrodel Exiles in LOTRO PvMP. Wait! Don't stop reading yet! I know what you're thinking, because I thought it before, too. You think PvP is a waste or that the people who PvP are jerks. Well, yeah -- sometimes that's true. But neither applies to Nimrodel Exiles. These people are mostly all members of the kinship I play with in regular PvE.

Hm. I guess maybe I should explain a few things for people who might have no clue what I'm talking about!

PvE = Player versus Environment. This means all of the quests you get from NPCs (non-player characters) in an RPG (Role-Playing Game). You know, the ones that tell you to go kill ten of this creature or twenty of those bandits, and then when you come back to the NPC to turn in the quest... they send you back out to the same place to kill the creature alpha or bandit leader -- because clearly that wasn't the priority the first time you went there.

PvP = Player versus Player. Games have varying versions of this, usually in one of two extremes: everywhere in the game is open to it, or only only one segregated area. The first is either an attractor or detractor for players since it means you have to be ready for a backstab at any time. The same can be said for the latter, since some players consider it stifling or limiting -- or dull after a while.

PvMP = Player versus Monster Player. This is the terminology used in LOTRO because it allows you to take your elf hunter or your hobbit burglar and travel to either The Ettenmoors or Osgiliath to fight against other players who are playing Monster characters instead of Free People. The two are often referred to as Creeps and Freeps as a result.

Going back to that invite!

In order to play a Creep (Monster character) on the Moors, you must first have leveled a Freep (Free People character) to level 10 on the server. So if you normally play on, say, the Arkenstone server, but you don't have any characters on Landroval yet -- you would have to make a Free People character first and level it before you can make your Monster character to play on the Moors. (Bummer, I know.)

If you haven't played LOTRO at all, but are interested in doing so and interested in Creep Night, please don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail! I'm more than happy to help people get started on the right foot (or the left if you're so inclined). Not only can I introduce you to one of the best kinships I've ever known in my five years of gameplay, but those same awesome people are behind Creep Night as well. You won't regret it if you give them a try!

That said, if you do already play on the Moors, you're welcome to join Nimrodel Exiles in our shenanigans on the Moors without the pressure of having to join the tribe. The more of us there are, the easier to collect Hobbit Feet, Elf Ears and Dwarf Beards, amiright?

You can find my spider (pictured above), Manticlyn, on Landroval -- as well as my warg, Cavixa, and my defiler, Haniaru. Happy hunting to all you Monsters!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment