Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Status Update: #1

This could have been an article about the RPG elements in Stardew Valley. Or it might have been about the phenomenal art in The Deer God. Those are article topics I have decided to write about, and I have a plethora of notes about the first one. There were other topics suggested to me as well, but frankly -- nobody would want to read the resulting articles. (Sorry.)

Instead of writing about these topics or finding other ones to plan out, I have spent the last few weeks assembling an amazing group of my friends into an Extra Life team. I thought I might get two or three people to sign up who would then just forget about it for the year, but it seems I found the best people possible to participate: gamers who have enjoyed seeing what I've done in the past, gamers who already try to reach out to others with their gaming, and gamers who legitimately want to make a difference for sick kids everywhere. I can't shame myself for gathering these people instead of writing in my blog, because the point of both is to reach people and raise awareness.


Therefore, I won't apologize for a lack of game-focused articles here in my blog. I cannot say sorry for something beneficial to the cause! I can at least say that I have had ample time to think about other topics and games to cover. The Stardew Valley article will probably not be the first one I post. I determined that I needed to start in more familiar territory, and that will probably mean something about The Lord of the Rings Online, RIFT, or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (I am listed in the second game's credits).

Now that the dirty laundry has been aired, I feel no guilt whatsoever in saying I won't be working on any of that today. It's my birthday, and I have movies to watch and games to play. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment