Thursday, October 5, 2017

How to Trick-or-Treat All Month Long

 
Yeah, you read that right. Sweet, sweet candy throughout the entire month of October. How? Let me tell you about Costume Quest.

Costume Quest is this amazing game by our lovely friends at Double Fine Productions. The game originally released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2010 and wouldn't reach PC gamers until a port happened a year later. It was later made available for Mac and Linux through a Double Fine Humble Bundle, in case you needed any further proof of how awesome they are.
 

If you have had the misfortune of never hearing about this game, I will enlighten you: Some ugly dudes are stealing all the candy in town, have taken your sibling (mistakenly), and you have to trick-or-treat your way through the neighborhood collecting costumes that let you have Power Ranger zord-like battles to earn battle stamps, racking up your candy total, and finding neat things like creepy treats.


Basically, if you liked all the glory of trick-or-treating as a kid, you're going to enjoy this game. I promise. Pinky-swear, even.

 

So, throughout the month of October I will be playing the game bit by bit, and I'll be doing my best to share some of the highlights with you (which probably means spoilers, so you've been warned!). I've streamed the game in previous years on Twitch for Extra Life, but have yet to actually finish the game. My motivation this time? I am playing to compete! My wonderful team member, Green Owl, is also going to be playing the game throughout the month and we're going to compare our loot collections once a week. The winner will get bonus points for the Mascot Mayhem competition. He's also from Spain, so I don't know if any of the American Halloween culture will go over his head or not -- I'll let you know!


I can't really say much else about the game just yet. I know this witchy chick pictured here is some kind of antagonist-y villain who finds you annoying. But just when you think she's ruined your night more than your crummy sibling and ugly candy thief have, someone points you in the right direction...


The next blog entry will either be the first update on Costume Quest progress and loot collections, or a very overdue team member interview. Whichever it is, I hope you'll keep reading and enjoying what I share. Please remember I'm doing this #ForTheKids and they'd appreciate your donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment