Monday, January 22, 2018

Humble Partner: Helping Extra Life & Free Games


Yes, this is a promotional blog entry, BUT it's because proceeds support my Extra Life efforts. This is some neat stuff, so I hope you'll still give it a read. (Essentially: Help Extra Life by making purchases with my Humble Partner link, and there are some free games available right now.)

SUPER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The images in this entry link to the Humble Monthly and the Humble Trove, respectively. My Humble Partner link in the sidebar lets you shop the Humble store and support my Extra Life efforts. The top of the Humble website should thank you for supporting snarkqueen. If not, please come back here and re-click the link. If your browser deletes cookies when it closes, you won't support anything!



If you've never heard of Humble Monthly, let me tell you about this amazing subscription I've had for 2 years now. On the last Friday of the month, Humble charges you $12 (or you can pay less by subscribing for more months at a time!). On the first Friday of the month, that month's Monthly Bundle unlocks -- it's usually 6-10 games, sometimes with DLC, artwork, or music, and it's all yours for just $12. The best part is you can gift the games to others if you already own them.

I've acquired a lot of new, expensive games this way alongside indie gems I never would have known existed. And if you're impatient, you can opt to pay early to get the 1-2 games they offer for early unlock for the following month. You also have access to the Humble Trove games while you're subscribed -- a collection of DRM-free games you can play whenever you want to.

Some of the games I've acquired through the Monthly are:

  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • I Am Bread
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • This War of Mine
  • Mad Max
  • Dungeon of the Endless
  • The Forest
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Rocket League
  • Kentucky Route Zero
  • The Banner Saga
  • Grim Dawn
  • Styx: Master of Shadows
  • Stardew Valley
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Warhammer: Vermintide
  • Project CARS
  • XCOM 2
  • Hollow Knight
  • Black Mesa
  • Layers of Fear
  • Undertale
  • Plague Inc: Evolved
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Dark Souls II
  • Armello
  • War for the Overworld
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Stories Untold
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
  • Scanner Sombre
  • The Long Dark
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  • ...and many, many others!


That's a pretty sweet deal, isn't it? It's even better for us Humble Partners. If you use my Partner link to subscribe to the Monthly deal, that puts $10 towards me -- and I, in turn, put that towards Extra Life. Between now and February 2nd, there's a bonus deal, too: 10 subscribers will get me a $20 bonus for Extra Life; 50 subscribers will get me a $200 bonus for Extra Life; and over 100 subscribers will get me a $500 bonus for Extra Life. Personally, I'm aiming for 10 subscribers in the next 10 days, if I can. That would result in $120! It'd be nice to kick off the year positively for Extra Life!




Right now, even if you don't have the Humble Monthly subscription, there are FREE GAMES in the Humble Trove -- free for EVERYONE until February 2nd. Go check them out and see what else is in the Trove! They recently added Torchlight and Torchlight II.




No comments:

Post a Comment