Saturday, August 24, 2019

Extra Appreciation and an Update


I have the best donors ever!


That's right, I'm lookin' at you guys again! After posting my Donor Appreciation post on Wednesday, I also reached out looking for (a) some donations, and (b) some team members. My hospital (Children's National) issued a challenge to raise $100 and recruit 3 people by the 30th. And while I haven't had anyone successfully join the team, you guys did donate another $286 in the span of 24 hours. That is seriously impressive, and I'm very grateful for it!


This puts my total for the year at $651, which is double what I am usually at in August.



The vast majority of the donations have been coming from members of my kinship in Lord of the Rings Online, so I am seriously considering making a special reward for ASF if I meet a stretch goal of $1200 (because the game has been going for 12 years and is the reason I started participating in Extra Life to begin with). If you're in ASF, please feel free to comment with suggestions! Last year I was able to give away gifts of LOTRO Points, and I could probably request codes for that again -- but I also think you guys deserve something special!


In other news, I'm sure you've noticed I haven't done much with my new computer yet. I haven't gotten around to getting my old hard drive set up with the dock or installed the CD drive yet. My husband and I have been busy with a lot of stuff in the last few weeks! That said, here are some by-the-end-of-September promises I'm going to make (and do my best to keep):


  • Live-Tweet Event of the first Twilight movie (recap blog for the rest) 
  • 2018 Milestone blog about Dead Mountaineer's Hotel
  • 2018 Milestone blog about a really terrible book I read


If I'm lucky, I'll get a few more things done, because pretty soon I'll have to start working on the 2019 Milestones! I also have a new static page here on my blog that is not-quite-finished, but you can go take a look at it: a calendar, of a sort.

Thank you again to those of you who are donating every year (and some more than once)! I couldn't do this without you, and I appreciate the help you give me in doing this #ForTheKids.



No comments:

Post a Comment