Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Wishlist Wednesday: Firewatch


In this new weekly feature, I'll be sharing game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I'll share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Firewatch by Campo Santo.



THE STATS

Name: Firewatch
Developer: Campo Santo
Publisher: Campo Santo
Release Date: February 9, 2016
Genres: Adventure, Simulation, Mystery
Wishlist Location: GOG.com



MEDIA FROM FIREWATCHGAME.COM













WHY I WANT IT

First of all -- do you see those gorgeous screenshots? This is a very pretty game, even if it's been out for almost 4 years. I am a sucker for pretty games, especially the ones I get to walk around and explore. I love taking screenshots of the scenery in games. Forget the flashy characters and their witty banter -- show me a game world that has been crafted with obvious love and care! There seems to be a lovely union of both eye-candy landscaping and creative narrative in Firewatch from watching the trailers provided on the game's website, and I have done a very good job of avoiding spoilers! Some people don't mind spoilers, but for me I would rather try to work out the mystery for myself. That is inherently part of the value I glean from buying and playing these types of games.


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



No comments:

Post a Comment