Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wishlist Wednesday: Songbringer


In this weekly feature, I'll share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I'll share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Songbringer by Wizard Fu Games.




THE STATS

Name: Songbringer
Developer: Wizard Fu Games
Publisher: Wizard Fu Games / Double Eleven
Release Date: September 1, 2017 (PC)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam



MEDIA FROM SONGBRINGER.COM












(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

Touted as a procedurally-generated Zelda game, who wouldn't want this? Details on the Steam store page explain: "You play the role of protagonist and accidental hero, Roq Epimetheos. With a propensity for partying and making music, he cruises the galaxy with his skybot Jib aboard the ship Songbringer, searching for verdant planets absent the presence of galactic police. When Roq finds the nanosword hidden in a cave on Ekzera, he unwittingly awakens an ancient evil. The sword is pretty fraggin' sweet though. It... hums."

So, yeah, this has a few things I enjoy -- pixel art, RPG, music. If you're wanting something similar but newer (and with better reviews), you might try Moonlighter or Noita -- but I think Songbringer has its own personality and I look forward to experiencing it someday!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



No comments:

Post a Comment