Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Wishlist Wednesday: Yomawari - Night Alone


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Yomawari: Night Alone by Nippon Ichi Software.




THE STATS

Name: Yomawari: Night Alone
Developer: Nippon Ichi Software
Publisher: NIS America
Release Date: October 25, 2016
Genres: Survival Horror
Wishlist Location: Humble Bundle



MEDIA FROM NISAMERICA.COM/GAMES/YOMAWARI








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

Something about the art and the very Japanese feel of the media presented from this game are really all that appeals to me. I don't typically enjoy horror or survival games, but this one's premise caught me for some reason. You play as a girl who's taken her dog for a walk. Your dog and older sister end up missing, and you go looking for them in a now-dark city -- and the night holds creepy, horrifying, and deadly things!

There's a good chance I won't like the game once I try to play it, but it was good enough for a sequel to be made (Yomawari: Midnight Shadows) which was released alongside this one on the Switch as part of Yomawari: The Long Night Collection.

Whatever you do, don't go looking for info about the game itself -- especially the tutorial at the start. I don't mind spoilers, but I know others do. The tutorial alone reels players into the adorable-yet-creepy game, and despite knowing how it starts... I still want to give this game a try sometime!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!




No comments:

Post a Comment