Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: GRIS


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Gris by Nomada Studio.



THE STATS

Name: Gris
Developer: Nomada Studio
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Release Date: December 13, 2018
Genres: Platform-adventure
Wishlist Location: Steam



MEDIA FROM NOMADA.STUDIO








 (Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

As I've said before--many times--I am not very good at platformer games. Despite that fact, there are always some I am drawn to. This one, in particular, comes with the benefit of there being no danger or death involved. It is a risk-free adventure through an artistic world full of some very creative visuals and a gorgeous soundtrack that reminds me of Child of Light (more on that title later) or a more cinematic experience like Fantasia, without the obligatory mouse cameo.

This is definitely a gaming experience for casual gamers, or even just the gamer who wants something to relax to. Since its initial release, it is now also available on iOS and PS4, making it accessible to everyone who isn't a die hard Linux enthusiast or Android-user-without-a-computer.

If the trailer doesn't convince you this game deserves to be on my wishlist, then nothing I can add will persuade you.


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment