Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Neverwinter Nights 2


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Neverwinter Nights 2 by Obsidian Entertainment.



THE STATS

Name: Neverwinter Nights 2
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Atari, Inc.
Release Date: October 31, 2006
Genres: Role-playing
Wishlist Location: GOG.com



MEDIA FROM GOG.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

The first and obvious reason is because I own and have played the first game, Neverwinter Nights. Secondly, I am a Dungeons & Dragons nerd. I love the stories that take place in Faerûn, and the city of Neverwinter is often mentioned among other notorious locales of the Sword Coast. It received GameSpot's "Best Story" award for 2006, apparently beating the reader's choice of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (yeah, it beat THOSE guys!). It is also praised for being absolutely faithful to the 3.5 Edition D&D rule set. If you weren't aware, a lot of D&D players are rules sticklers, so this was a big deal.

Yeah, that about sums it up. I mean, I could also mention that it was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, who have since worked on some other great titles like Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. But really -- it's another chapter of the Neverwinter series set in the D&D campaign setting I enjoy most. I have to have it!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment