Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Rain World


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Rain World by Videocult.


THE STATS

Name: Rain World
Developer: Videocult
Publisher: Adult Swim Games
Release Date: March 28, 2017
Genres: Platformer
Wishlist Location: Steam



MEDIA FROM ADULTSWIM.COM












(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

I'm not very good at platformers usually, but something about this one just... interests me! Maybe it's the adorable slugcat. The trailer really gives a number of reasons to be interested. First, it's a fallen world where only those who have adapted and are smart are going to survive. Second, there's some mystery about the past -- I'm guessing something about why the world fell. The search for answers seems to be a very compelling reason to struggle through platforming and survival!

The art is amazing, also. It conveys the dismal, run-down, ruined state of the world that these creatures are trying to survive in, but still shows off how the habitats, creatures, and flora have changed and thrived. The developer puts us in the role of the slugcat, where we learn how to survive, or we follow the path of those who passed out of the world and left their ruins behind.

"What fate a Slugcat? Prey... und predator?"




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment