Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Unforeseen Incidents


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Unforeseen Incidents by Backwoods Entertainment.



THE STATS

Name: Unforeseen Incidents
Developer: Backwoods Entertainment
Publisher: Application Systems Heidelberg
Release Date: May 24, 2019
Genres: Point-and-click adventure
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM BACKWOODS-ENTERTAINMENT.COM











(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

I will always love point-and-click games. Aside from some of the turn-based strategy games of the 90's, point-and-click was an early part of my journey into gaming. I borrowed games like King's Quest (I think it was II...) and Torin's Passage. I moved on to Atlantis: The Lost Tales and The Longest Journey.

This pretty little game was made by a small developer in Germany, and the artwork of the game is primarily what caught my attention. Not so much the character stylization, but the backdrops and landscape. It's clear that the developers want the player to feel pulled into the world, and the narrative only emphasizes it.

And yes -- those cupcakes in a stranger's car DO look amazing. I need to know if Harper takes one. Don't you?


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment