Thursday, March 5, 2020

Patreon: Goals & Patrons


Did you know there is a Patreon for Gamer Reverie? Do you know what Patreon is or how it works?




What is Patreon?

Patreon is a website that allows creators of all kinds to be supported on a monthly basis by patrons (subscribers). Creators can set up different tiers of support so that their patrons can choose how much they want to pay monthly for exclusive rewards, perks, early access, and more, all while supporting the creators whose content they enjoy. Creators include, but are not limited to: podcasters, video creators, musicians, visual artists, communities, writers & journalists, game developers, non-profits, educators, and everything in-between.

Why Become a Patron for Gamer Reverie?

The focus of this blog has shifted in the past couple of months! I started out using it as my platform for Extra Life fundraising. While I am still going to participate in Extra Life, I have absolutely loved having regular blog entries about games and game music that I enjoy and find fun. I want to share that enjoyment with a broader audience, and support on Patreon would help me do that.

In the short-term, there are no actual expenses that need support beyond my current means, but I'm also not asking for spending money as if I was a freelance writer -- I would use it for my regular blog- and graphics-related expenses I am currently paying for out of pocket.

In the long-term, just being able to afford promoting posts on Facebook, or the occasional ad on a website, or upgrading a computer peripheral, or even buying a game I want to experience alongside my readership would make me happy. I have loftier personal goals that I don't expect my little ramblings about gaming to help or sustain in any fashion, so I'll leave that to the self-employed artists and creators who are wanting Patreon to help pay their rent or put a down payment on a car.

Becoming a Patron for Gamer Reverie means helping me shape the future content and not having to wait to see all of the content when it posts.


Patron Tiers

I have 5 tiers available for patrons, spanning from $1/month to $20/month:


The $2 tier is the one I recommend for people who came here because of the Learning LOTRO series. This tier will give you early access to the content as I work on it, as well as give you opportunities to help me decide on topics. Have ideas on what you want to see in my blog next? This is your tier. Everyone else, it really depends on your preferences!

Patreon Goals

These are pretty self-explanatory! Rather than make goals based on how many patrons I have, I thought it best to offer them by pledge total (makes them easier to achieve). My goals are met at $10/month, $20/month and $30/month. If met, I'll set new goals with new and better rewards. Don't have the funds to be supportive yourself but know someone else who might? Share my Patreon link! The goal rewards will be for everyone!






Is Patreon For You?

Patreon is not for everyone. And I will, in no way, look down on you if you can't afford to support Gamer Reverie in this way. I'm just as happy having people who comment, retweet, or otherwise share what I'm working on. So thank you just for being here and reading this! However, if you think you can spare a couple dollars each month, click the banner below to go sign up on Patreon -- and thank you in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment