Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Chaos Reborn


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Chaos Reborn by Snapshot Games.




THE STATS

Name: Chaos Reborn
Developer: Snapshot Games
Publisher: Snapshot Games
Release Date: October 26, 2015
Genres: Tactical role-playing
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM CHAOS-REBORN.COM










(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

I think the main reason why this game caught my attention was that it was turn-based and dealt with magic. If you've been following my blog any, my very first PC game was Lords of Magic. Something about wielding magical power and building up your team to defeat others in a turn-based fashion which gives you ample time to strategize is just... nostalgic for me.

For the fanboys, this game comes from the designer of the original X-COM games. It is a remake of the 1985 game Chaos: The Battle of Wizards. While I didn't play that particular game, descriptions and details of it sound very much like something that would eventually lead to Lords of Magic in the 90's. The designer of the original game was the director for this one. They've actually just released a squad tactical game this past December that is meant as a spiritual successor to the X-COM games, if that's your thing -- it's called Phoenix Point.

And, if all else fails... LOOK AT THAT PRETTY EYE CANDY. (I am nothing if not predictable.)


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment