Saturday, April 25, 2020

Soundtrack Saturday: Chime & Chime Sharp


In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Chime & Chime Sharp by Zoe Mode & Twistplay.




THE STATS

Name: Chime / Chime Sharp
Developer: Zoe Mode / Twistplay
Publisher: OneBigGame / Chilled Mouse
Release Date: February 3, 2010 / July 19, 2016
Genres: Puzzle, music
Composer(s): Mixed Artists


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The titles link to YouTube videos... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!)

From Chime:

Brazil - Philip Glass
(Length: 10:24) A little lengthy, but a fantastic and bright composition from start to finish! This song will forever be the song I associate with Chime -- mostly because it's the first song you play, but because it really has a sound unlike the rest.

From Chime Sharp:

Science and Visions - Chvrches
(Length: 4:12) Our first dip into something trying to sound like it's from the 80's, with a great beat that makes it seem ideal for a workout -- or at the very least makes you stress about the game level.


FOX - Shirobon
(Length: 5:17) I'm pretty much going to like just about anything by Shirobon. Shirobon music was also featured in the final version of another favorite music game of mine, Melody's Escape.


Roadgame - Kavinsky
(Length: 3:46) This screams 80's, doesn't it? Yes. Piano, strings, and electronic sounds all blended together into something befitting an adventurous 80's movie... but sadly, missing the solo electric guitar. Great even without it, though!


I Know You Love To Fall - Message to Bears
(Length: 3:55) Heyyy... we heard music from this group last week with the Life Is Strange soundtrack, didn't we? Must be that band name. I wonder what the bears think of the music?



You can listen to the (almost) full soundtracks on YouTube, courtesy of my playlist skills!
(Two tracks are MIA for Chime Sharp.)




WHY I RECOMMEND IT ...THEM

The music is varied, but enjoyable if you just sit and listen to all of the elements. In the time it took me to track down the songs on YouTube to make playlists I could share with you, my ears convinced me to reinstall both games on my computer so I can play them again and enjoy building the layers of the songs through the puzzles. These songs were crafted by talented musical artists.

No further explanation needed, if you ask me. Pop on those hi-def headphones and give the songs a listen. Have a happy Saturday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment