Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Inmost


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Inmost by Hidden Layer Games.




THE STATS

Name: Inmost
Developer: Hidden Layer Games
Publisher: Chucklefish
Release Date: 2020 (Switch & PC)
Genres: Adventure, Indie
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM INMOSTGAME.COM











(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Say it with me now: EYE CANDY.

This game has some AMAZING pixel graphics! Have you ever tried to make pixel artwork? It's hard! To get it to look this amazing takes absolute talent... and then to play out such an amazing story with ANIMATED pixel graphics that don't make you feel like you're in yet another RPG Maker game (no offense meant!)... It's breathtaking! And the developers know it, too -- why else would they offer up gif pics on their page and in their press kit?

Now, I'm probably not going to be someone who enjoys the story -- it's pretty dark. But I like the mysteriousness of the premise enough that I'd give it a play anyway. 







If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


No comments:

Post a Comment