Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Pine


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Pine by Twirlbound.




THE STATS

Name: Pine
Developer: Twirlbound
Publisher: Kongregate
Release Date: October 10, 2019
Genres: Adventure
Wishlist Location: Steam



MEDIA FROM PINE-GAME.COM























(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)




WHY I WANT IT

First, I love that the tribe at the bottom is the human tribe, with all the various animal tribes having their own unique advantages. Being able to barter, trade, fight, etc. with all the other tribes lets the player decide how they want the game to go and that means a unique playthrough each time... and, by proxy, replayability. 

Normally I'm not a fan of overly toony graphics, but something about the whole style of artwork in this game just works. It's simple but breathtaking, not unlike Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (which I haven't finished but really need to!).

Kudos to Twirlbound to begin with for starting this off on Kickstarter. Kickstarter ventures either fall flat or soar to success. That they were able to also release this for the Switch tells me just how good of a job they did on it.

Last, who doesn't love an open world adventure game? Some people might claim those are everywhere lately, but isn't that a good thing? No two game worlds are going to be the same, and it's an adventure each time!



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment