Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Wanderlust Travel Stories


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Wanderlust Travel Stories by Different Tales.



THE STATS

Name: Wanderlust Travel Stories
Developer: Different Tales
Publisher: Walkabout Games
Release Date: September 26, 2019
Genres: Text adventure
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM WANDERLUST.VOYAGE













(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

First of all, the co-founders of Different Tales worked on The Witcher. If that isn't enough storywriting credibility for you, the rest of their dev team consists of writers, street performers, journalists, yacht skippers, anthropologists and graphic designers. It's a fabulous little team primed to bring us great stories in a genuine and heartfelt way. The focus of this game isn't to wow you with visuals so much as to tell great stories that span across the globe and let you make the choices as to how the journeys play out. This is a game that lets you travel the world from the comfort of your home, and I think that's something a lot of people need right now.


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment