Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Pulse - Volume One


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Pulse: Volume One by Cipher Prime Studios.




THE STATS

Name: Pulse: Volume One
Developer: Cipher Prime Studios
Release Date: June 18, 2013 (iPad May 5, 2011)
Platform: Android, iPad
Genres: Puzzle
Wishlist Location: Humble Bundle


MEDIA FROM CIPHERPRIME.COM


Yep, just the one video. It's all you need to see, I promise.



(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Your eyes do not deceive you -- this is a mobile/tablet game! I have had this game on my Humble wishlist for several years now, and still somehow keep neglecting to purchase it. (Though, to be fair, I've only had an Android phone for a year -- I had a Windows phone before that, and I don't touch Apple products.)

If you've read my blog much, you probably know I love music games because I've been a musician for most of my life. So a rhythm game you can play on your phone without needing a console or PC is definitely going to interest me.

What hooked me hard was the Doomcloud version of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (and if you like it, this remix is awwwwesome), but I freely admit to listening to all of the songs and loving them for various reasons. That previous phone, in fact, had Sahara as its ringtone (which I don't recommend -- it will scare the life out of you).

I'll probably get the game at some point. The developer has some other interesting-looking games, too!

And for the audiophiles, here's the link for the full OST on YouTube.



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment