Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Social Media Day


It's the 10th Anniversary of Social Media Day! In the time we've had social media at our fingertips, it has changed the way we interact, communicate, and share on a daily and minute-by-minute basis. This entry is to celebrate everything that puts Social in Media.




Why Social Media? Isn't This a Gaming Blog?

A very astute observation, hypothetical reader. Yes, this is a gaming blog -- but social media allows me to deliver its contents and advertise new series to a variety of audiences who probably would not Google to find most of my blog entries. Without social media, I probably wouldn't have any readership at all!

Social media is also a great place for video game companies and developers to reach their audiences and fans to drum up hype for new ventures and to test the waters for future content. It's how player bases rally together to share what they love about their chosen games, and how fan content gets shared and noticed by others who enjoy it. It's how developers can be inspired and influenced by the players of their games to make important quality of life changes and improve the game. It's the glue of our modern age.


NEW Social Media

If you notice in that pretty header image I made, there's a new logo I haven't used before: Instagram. Starting today, all blog entries and announcements will be posted on Instagram!

So if you prefer that to Facebook or Twitter, you can simply pull up gamerreverie on Instagram. (Also, I'm very new to Instagram, so uh... any tips and advice about it are welcome!)







NEW Series for July

In honor of Social Media Day, I wanted to do something that hinged on gamers being social. For that reason, every Friday in July will have an entry focused on an MMORPG that I have played -- and there may be some honorable mentions that show up as Tweets, Facebook posts, and Instagram cameos. There will be four big entries for A Month of MMORPGs, and the last Friday will welcome a new (permanent) series to the blog: LLVL. This is the abbreviation for the long-promised Lord of the Rings Online fanfic that was a 2019 Extra Life Milestone. I came up with such a brilliant idea that it's going to be a full series and not just a one-shot story. You're welcome!



Social Media Contest

I did promise a contest, didn't I? This one is super simple. The more shares and retweets you gather up for Gamer Reverie, the closer you are to earning the prize. The prize? Telling me something to blog about. Any game, any topic -- so long as it's not explicit.

The Rules:

  1. Make a post or tweet with a link to Gamer Reverie's Patreon, telling people why the blog is awesome or why you enjoy it.
  2. Get lots of shares or retweets.
  3. Send me a link to your post or tweet after you reach 25 to tell me you've won!
  4. No limit on number of winners - this is a social media contest!



Patreon Promotion & Rewards

Why am I doing all of this in July? Well, I'm running a special promotion! From 8 AM Central on June 30th (the time this entry posted) until 11 PM Central on July 31st, anyone who is a new or existing patron will get an art postcard from me! The art postcard is what people voted for via poll a while back, but you can rest assured I'll do stickers and more in the future if you guys help me blow this up!

What will be on it? That depends on how many new patrons sign up!


  • <20 = Current Gamer Reverie logo with backdrop
  • 30+ = Collage of blog series' logos with backdrop (Wishlist, Soundtrack, Learning, LLVL)
  • 40+ = Original Gamer Reverie logo (throwback style!) with backdrop
  • 50+ = Lord of the Rings/Fellowship themed Gamer Reverie logo with backdrop
So if you know someone who would love any of the series in my blog, or would simply like to support a small video game blog for $2-$3/month, be sure to let them know how to find me on Patreon!



Gamer Reverie on Social Media

In case you don't know how you can follow the blog, here are all the ways!



And most importantly, thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment