Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Darksiders Genesis


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Darksiders Genesis by Airship Syndicate.



THE STATS

Name: Darksiders Genesis
Developer: Airship Syndicate
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Release Date: December 5, 2019
Genres: Hack and slash, role-playing
Wishlist Location: Steam



MEDIA FROM DARKSIDERS.COM
















(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Where are my fellow Darksiders fans at?!

Seriously, if you're a fan of Darksiders, you're going to want this game even though some snotty critics think the mechanics are off-putting. Hate to break it to you, Ye Mighty Critics, but I just want to have fun fighting enemies and listening to the witty banter I am accustomed to enjoying in the Darksiders series. I am 100% SOLD that I will enjoy every moment of Strife in this game, based on that video above. War is a bit stuffy, but still a fun character. I have fond memories of the first game.

I LIKE that there's a segment of gameplay devoted to the pair being on horseback and having to clear obstacles to get to their destination. Critics call that gimmicky -- I call it a reprieve from monotony and something fresh.

And hey -- Laura Dale from Polygon -- if you're going to criticize "constant combat," then why on earth are you playing a Darksiders title in the first place? Some of us work stressful jobs and don't get to play/review games for a paycheck, and coming home to these beat-em-up games is exactly what we enjoy and sometimes need!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment