Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Balrum


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Balrum by Balcony Team.



THE STATS

Name: Balrum
Developer: Balcony Team
Publisher: Balcony Team
Release Date: February 29, 2016
Genres: Adventure, Indie, RPG, Strategy
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM BALCONYTEAM.COM












(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)


WHY I WANT IT

I grew up in the 80's and 90's, and I have a soft spot for the old-school style games. Better yet, this is a newer game made in that style so it has a lot more features than one of those older games could have packed into their tinier size. I've made a list of things I love about the features in Balrum:

  • Real-time world, but turn-based combat
  • Crafting system
  • Day/Night/Weather!
  • Taming animals to be companions
  • Choices in the path to the end
  • Customization for spending class points
  • Building!
  • Open world
  • An intriguing story set-up and a forest with secrets!

I'm probably going to buy the game during the last day of the Steam Summer Sale, because 75% off is about the best it's going to get!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



No comments:

Post a Comment