Saturday, August 1, 2020

Postcards for Pledges: Promotion Wrap-Up


A quick entry to discuss what did (and did not) happen during A Month of MMORPGs and the Postcards for Pledges promotion.



A Month of MMORPGs

Each Friday of the month of July brought with it a special entry in Gamer Reverie. The first four focused on MMORPGs I have played and given a good deal of my time (I have played more, but those four are the best I've experienced). If you missed them, you can read about them via these links:


        
 
        


LLVL: Livin La Vida LOTRO

On the fifth Friday of the month, I introduced a new series to the blog which was a fulfillment of a community incentive for Extra Life 2019: a fanfic. I'm NOT a fan of fan fiction in the slightest, finding most of them to just be self-indulging and poorly written. I'm aiming to make sure mine doesn't suffer from the same shortcomings. If you missed the first episode, you can read it from this link: 



Postcards for Pledges

I offered a promotion on my Patreon for new and existing patrons! Anyone who pledged to become a patron would receive an art postcard. The more people to pledge, the fancier the promised art on the postcard. The lofty goal was to reach a fourth tier of art in which I would redesign the Gamer Reverie logo in a Lord of the Rings style and go all-out with the background and elements. 

Alas, we never reached past the first tier option, even with the pre-existing patrons added in.


Despite this, I want to thank many people who were supportive of all the work I put into the entire month of July: my husband, my existing patrons, my 1 new patron (Gruesome_Coffee), Sarah Dahlinger, Aimee Cozza, Heather Hitchman, Fibro Jedi, LOTRO Family.


Numbers Don't Lie

There was some distinct growth in viewership of my blog during July, so I don't consider the promotion a total loss! I'm hoping that continued delivery of content with added followers will help with natural growth of community. 




How to Get a Postcard

Did you miss out on the promotion somehow? Or did you just not feel comfortable making a monthly pledge? There's good news if you still want a postcard!

Make a $25 donation on my Extra Life fundraising page to help the sick kids at Children's National in D.C., and you'll get yourself one of the art postcards from me! The funds are used to improve comfort and care of kids and their families, as well as supporting innovative studies on childhood illnesses. 

If you enjoy reading Gamer Reverie, let me know, and I hope you'll join my growing little group of patrons on Patreon someday soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment