Saturday, August 1, 2020

Soundtrack Saturday: Sayonara Wild Hearts


In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Sayonara Wild Hearts by Simogo.




Kicking off August with something wonderfully lighthearted and upbeat!


THE STATS

Name: Sayonara Wild Hearts
Developer: Simogo
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
Release Date: September 19, 2019
Genres: Rhythm, action
Composer(s): Daniel Olsén, Jonathan Eng


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The titles link to YouTube videos... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!)


A Place I Don't Know
(Length: 2:09) This is my favorite. It's so simple and sweet! "I was used to my safety and peace/ I mistook all this tedium with being at ease/ But then you came around/ Said it's time to let go/ And you took me to a place I don't know."

Clair de lune
(Length: 2:35) Is this as good as the original classical piece? No. In many ways, it's better. It's trippy and dreamy and fun!

Reverie
(Length: 1:59) Because some more coverage of Debussy can't hurt. I dunno about you, but this could easily be a theme song for "Gamer Reverie," what do you think?

Sayonara Wild Heart
(Length: 1:30) Main menu music for the win! "Everything is strange/ Please don't let go."

The World We Knew
(Length: 3:11) "I'm too young to remember/ When the world was alive/ I'm too old to start changing/ And too tired to revive."

You can listen to the full soundtrack on YouTube:




WHY I RECOMMEND IT

The music is somehow a mix of 80's and the best dance music of the 2000's. It's fantastic and I cannot WAIT to play the game itself (which my Extra Life donors have unlocked already this year!). But I'm super glad I gave this soundtrack a listen -- this is great stuff, and it's going in my regular rotation of music.

Shout-out to my husband for bringing the game to my attention to begin with!


THE COMPOSERS

I don't really have anything to say about these guys that they don't provide on their website and social media, so here you go! Go show them some love and tell them #GamerReverieBlog sent you!




What's the word, does that thing have a name?
When familiar surroundings just don't look the same?
Do you think that it's strange?
In a small way, I suppose, I'm just longing for a place I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment