Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Driftland - The Magic Revival


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Driftland: The Magic Revival by Star Drifters.




THE STATS

Name: Driftland: The Magic Revival
Developer: Star Drifters
Publisher: Star Drifters
Release Date: April 18, 2019
Genres: Indie, RPG, Simulation, Strategy
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM STARDRIFTERS.COM













(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Hi. Are you new to my blog? If you are, I once wrote about what my first PC game was: Lords of Magic: Special Edition. It was a turn-based strategy game with a fantasy setting, and I loved it immensely. Driftland holds promises similar to Lords of Magic and then adds a crazy exponent with the addition of terraforming, moving or removing floating land fragments, the choice to build aerial machines or tame dragons, four completely new languages created for the game, managing resources and people, units with free will, and more.

Bonus points for being made by an indie developer with some street cred flex: founded by two industry veterans (Michal Sokolski and Krzysztof Jakubowski). Extra bonus is their intent (per their website) from 2020 onward as a secondary area of activity to selectively support independent games and their teams. Clearly this is a team that really cares about games and their impact -- so clearly I want to throw my money at them!

If you like what you see about Driftland here and via linked media, it may interest you to know that Star Drifters is currently working on a game called Danger Scavenger (action rogue-like). And if you like learning about either game, be sure to tweet at them on Twitter (@StarDrifters) and tell them #GamerReverieBlog (@SpottedSnark) sent you!



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

1 comment: