Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Iris and the Giant


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Iris and the Giant by Louis Rigaud.




THE STATS

Name: Iris and the Giant
Developer: Louis Rigaud
Publisher: Goblinz Studio
Release Date: February 27, 2020
Genres: Indie, RPG, Card Collecting, Strategy
Wishlist Location: Humble



MEDIA FROM LOUISRIGAUD.ITCH.IO







(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

This is a very simple game compared to many others I've blogged about, and that's one of the primary reasons it's on my wishlist! Simple games can be some of the best: they let us focus on the mechanics and work at improving as we play, and they usually have very relatable themes in their stories. In the case of this game, the objectives of collecting cards and battling your way upward to get to the source of the problem is about the common battles we all face every day: our inner demons. It doesn't have to be any more difficult than that! But also, I like that you collect cards and use them in the battles -- and even if you fail, you collect things to help on your next try.

If you're looking to battle inner demons and help Iris through her depression and anxiety, then you might also want to add this game to your wishlist -- or use my Humble Partner link below to support charity with your purchase! (100% of any funds designated to snarkqueen at checkout gets donated to my Extra Life page on a quarterly basis.)



If you like what you see about Iris and the Giant here and via linked media, be sure to tweet at them on Twitter (@IrisandtheGiant, @LouisRigaud_, @Studio_Goblinz) and tell them #GamerReverieBlog (@SpottedSnark) sent you!





If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


No comments:

Post a Comment