Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Yes, Your Grace


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Yes, Your Grace by Brave at Night.




THE STATS

Developer: Brave at Night
Publisher: No More Robots
Release Date: March 6, 2020
Genres: RPG, Strategy
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM BRAVEATNIGHT.CO.UK










(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Who hasn't, at some point, thought about what it would be like to rule as a monarch? Not only is this a solid-looking RPG that allows players to do just that, but it also has a ton of strategy packed into it as you're forced to deal with a myriad of issues within your kingdom. The game was in development for 5 years (partially due to being developed in a small village in Poland), but had a considerably successful Kickstarter to get it published.

I like that the trailer shows elements of the game without having to include a lot of text on the screen. You get the idea of what you're getting just from small clips and screenshots, and it sells itself. It's said the game was partially based on Papers, Please, which I've never played -- but I was always intrigued by that game's premise. Knowing they've based it on a game full of consequences makes the RPG/strategy combo in this one highly anticipated (by me, at least).

If you like the sound of this game, you can acquire it from Steam or GOG. I have it on my Steam wishlist, so that's the purchase option I've included here.




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment