Saturday, January 2, 2021

Final Numbers for 2020

 


A couple days late, but here are the final numbers for the blog for 2020!



It was one heck of a year for everyone, and 2020 certainly didn't turn out the way I had expected when I last wrote about the year. Despite a lot of miserable things in the real world, I was able to do some positive things with, in, and for my blog! Here we go:

  • Gamer Reverie joined Instagram as part of the Social Media Day promotion in July, and has a happy group of 30 followers
  • Twitter saw a growth spurt of 80 followers
  • I raised $3,201 for Extra Life, which beats my previous best of $1,705 (2014)
  • Gamer Reverie had 181 blog entries in 2020, up from 37 in 2019
  • I lost track of how many game codes and LOTRO codes I gave away, but it was several dozen of each
  • The year in which I finally gained some patrons on Patreon, and they've been a great bunch
  • Gamer Reverie ended up on Reddit a few more times
  • Participants in Extra Life raised over $16 million for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • I now have a backlog of more than a dozen incentives to deliver, so expect to see that as we head into 2021!

A great big thank you to everyone who read, commented, voted in polls, retweeted, shared, liked, followed, pledged, and otherwise found some way of supporting me, Gamer Reverie, and all that I do in the blog throughout the year. I hope we can make 2021 another great year of having fun and enjoying games!


Screenshot: From opening tutorial of Phantasy Star Online 2.

1 comment: