Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Fuser

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Fuser by  Harmonix.



THE STATS

Name: Fuser
Developer: Harmonix
Publisher: NCSoft
Release Date: November 10, 2020
Genres: Casual, rhythm
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM FUSER.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

I fell in love with games from Harmonix back when they only had Frequency and Amplitude on the Playstation 2 (i.e. back when I was in college). Once I had a PS2 of my own right after college, one of the first games I purchased for myself was Amplitude, and not long after came Guitar Hero

The younger set may only be familiar with Rock Band, but I know there's a select set of old school fans like myself who remember Harmonix's roots with not-exactly-mainstream music. And if all you know of rhythm games is Audiosurf, please leave that wannabe behind. (Unless you absolutely cannot get a console, in which case... I will be sad for you.)

There's at least one con to Fuser that I can see without playing it: DLC purchases for more songs. One of the features I've loved about both Amplitude games (2003 & 2016) and Guitar Hero games (2005, 2006 & 2007) is that it felt like there were always more songs to unlock the more you played -- some of which you didn't even know were there to be unlocked. It pushed me as a player to keep practicing and learning the tracks on harder difficulties, resulting in a LOT of play time. I am hoping there is a certain element of that in Fuser, but it makes me sad to see such extensive additional track lists offered as DLC.

However... for a casual, music-loving gamer like myself who wants to pretend I can mix tunes with the best? This is exciting. The Very Positive reviews on Steam tell me I'm not wrong!

If you agree, you can snag it on Steam here or use this handy widget (if it's working):



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment