Saturday, April 24, 2021

Soundtrack Saturday: Human - Fall Flat

 

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Human: Fall Flat by No Brakes Games.



THE STATS

Name: Human: Fall Flat
Developer: No Brakes Games
Publisher: Curve Digital
Release Date: July 22, 2016
Genres: Adventure, indie
Composer: Tomas Sakalauskas



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!)

(Length: 2:41) So, with this game being published in 2016, there was no way for Tomas to know we'd have a pandemic in 2020 and everything would go into lockdown... but this track really fits that mood, doesn't it?

(Length: 4:20) Can we say epic?

(Length: 2:52) Sounds like the happy ending to a dramatic anime, doesn't it?

(Length: 3:27) This is my favorite. I can't explain why. It has a lilt to it, and some great minor tones. It actually reminds me of Matchbox Twenty's "You Won't Be Mine." 


You can listen to the full soundtrack on YouTube:
Human: Fall Flat OST


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

This isn't a very long soundtrack, but the game was very much a hit when it came out. The music itself is well-composed and very well polished. It doesn't stand out to me as anything memorable, but it's better than a lot of current pop music. I mean, WAY better. 

THE COMPOSER: TOMAS SAKALAUSKAS

So, Tomas is the brain and brawn behind No Brakes Games, having a hand in every aspect of game creation from coding to business management. I'd say he probably had more fun bringing to life Human: Fall Flat than working in IT, and the 25+ million sales speak for players' enjoyment of that work. This might be a name to watch in the future, as another jack-of-all-trades sort of fellow!


In the meantime, if you enjoy this soundtrack you should pick it up on the Steam store via this link or using this handy widget:



If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!


No comments:

Post a Comment