Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Iratus - Lord of the Dead

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Iratus: Lord of the Dead by Unfrozen.



Heyyy! So, if you're one of my patrons, you know that this is NOT the entry that was planned. This was supposed to be an Acquired entry in which I revisited a game I previously presented in a Wishlist entry, but have since acquired and played. Because of my PC being out of commission for the last 3+ weeks, I wasn't able to do that. So... I visited my HUSBAND'S wishlist and picked a game to share! You can find him over on Twitter!
--snarkqueen


THE STATS

Name: Iratus: Lord of the Dead
Developer: Unfrozen
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Release Date: April 23, 2020
Genres: Indie, RPG, strategy
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM IRATUS.ORG











(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY *MY HUSBAND* WANTS IT

First of all, now that I've seen this game I kind of want it, too. It's heavily reminiscent of Darkest Dungeon (which I struggled to play, but I still think the UI just wasn't suited to the PS4). It's a strategy game with RPG elements, and you get to build up the necromancer's army instead of a group of heroes. 

That ought to be enough of a reason. I mean, have you ever played the Dungeon Keeper series? It's fun to be the bad guy sometimes!

If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here or use this handy widget:



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment