Saturday, May 29, 2021

Soundtrack Saturday: Neon Abyss

 

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Neon Abyss by Veewo Games.



THE STATS

Name: Neon Abyss
Developer: Veewo Games

Publisher: Team17

Release Date: July 14, 2020
Genres: Action, adventure, indie, RPG
Composers: Min He



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!)

You'll notice I don't have any individual tracks linked here -- and that's because none of them is longer than 1:06 in length, which is a crying shame. The tracks are great and leave you wanting so much more of them. You can easily keep the OST on repeat, though! Here's the official track listing, and below is a link to the full playlist. At the end of the entry are some links to purchase it.


You can listen to the full soundtrack on YouTube:


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

This is the kind of music to exercise to. To bust out the glow sticks. To whoop butt in a run 'n' gun. While the tracks are short, they're really fun to listen to! They remind me a lot of Amplitude tracks, and if you've followed this blog for any length of time you'll know that's my all-time favorite music game (next to Melody's Escape).

THE COMPOSER: MIN HE

This is definitely a new name to me, and even after looking over her lengthy list of works in her IMDb profile, I'm not any more familiar. Still, it's impressive, and the music speaks for itself! If you enjoy this (albeit short) soundtrack, you can pick it up via this Steam link or the handy widget below, or also on Amazon Music.



If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment