Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Dread Nautical

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Dread Nautical by Zen Studios.



THE STATS

Name: Dread Nautical
Developer: Zen Studios
Publisher: Zen Studios
Release Date: October 27, 2020
Genres: Indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM DREADNAUTICAL.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

A cruise gone way, way bad! Monsters from another dimension, and you're in charge of getting survivors and supplies together to fight them? I'll take it over zombies ANY day. This combines strategy with RPG and I enjoy this genre from time to time. The Mixed reviews on Steam aren't a deterrent for me, either. Of the two reviews posted on GOG, the 1-star simply gripes about not being able to bind keys, whereas the 5-star review explains at length what's good about the game. Turn-based RPGs aren't for everyone, and I think anyone too impatient to learn which keys to use in a PC game is probably not the right kind of player to appreciate it. Or, in the case of a reviewer on Steam, don't expect PC games to adapt to your particular hardware (a touchscreen). I'm still interested in this game and the genre -- bring on the monsters! We'll call it therapy during this cruise vacation.

If you agree, you can wishlist it on GOG here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment