Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Nebuchadnezzar

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Nebuchadnezzar by Nepos Games.



THE STATS

Name: Nebuchadnezzar
Developer: Nepos Games
Publisher: Nepos Games
Release Date: February 17, 2021
Genres: Indie, simulation, strategy
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM NEPOS.GAMES









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

In the late 90's, one of the first PC games I owned and enjoyed was Pharaoh. I was able to build my Egyptian kingdom however I saw fit, but I also had to strategize and meet goals. It was borderline educational, but being the nerdy kid I was I enjoyed it immensely. I loaned it to friends of mine who kept it for nearly a year. They tried to return it at high school graduation and I just told them to keep it. I later purchased a new physical copy, and I also own a copy from GOG. 

This game? This is a modernized take on the genre, adding more features and customization than I thought possible. Being able to toggle the view to see structure types in color-coded blocks, historical campaigns, a monument editor (!), and being almost entirely moddable are only a handful of the beautiful features about this game.

Best yet, it was developed by a pair who had previously worked on titles like Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator, and Broken Sword 5. They chose to quit their jobs in the mainstream game industry after 10 years to pursue this project of their own. That alone deserves high praise and support!

If you're a fan of city-building and strategy, or if you too have fond memories of games like Pharaoh and Cleopatra, this is a title to pick up.

If you agree, you can wishlist it on GOG here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment