Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: The Wizard and the Slug

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is The Wizard and The Slug by Silkworm.



THE STATS

Name: The Wizard and The Slug
Developer: Silkworm
Publisher: Meridian4
Release Date: November 2, 2020
Genres: Action, adventure, casual, indie, strategy
Wishlist Location: Humble


MEDIA FROM WIZARDANDSLUG.COM










(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Oddball fantasy world? Check. Story-driven? Check. Humor? Check. Choice of play style? Check. Colorful and clearly doesn't take itself seriously? All the checks. The title is really what caught my attention first. Once I took a closer look at it, I thought it was really neat that the health system is based on the slug's size and the size is based on how you choose to play (reckless or safe). And who doesn't want to solve the mystery of an ancient curse, right?

If you agree, you can wishlist it on Humble here! At the time of writing this, it's actually on sale. (Using my Humble Partner link benefits the Extra Life charity -- 100% of my revenue is donated to my Extra Life page!)


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment