Saturday, May 28, 2022

Soundtrack Saturday: Library of Ruina

    

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Library of Ruina by Project Moon.

THE STATS

Name: Library of Ruina
Developer: Project Moon

Publisher: Project Moon

Release Date: August 10, 2021
Genres: Indie, RPG, strategy
Composer: Mili, Studio EIM



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 

(Length: 3:02) I'm not a HUGE fan of the tracks specifically by Mili, but there's something about this one. "Forbid. Forgive. Forget."

(Length: 4:41) I'm not sure what the real title of this track is on the official OST, but it was so good I had to include it! 

(Length: 4:34) Of all the battle tracks, this one had the most poignant sound to it with the piano and strings, and I'm a sucker for the feels.

(Length: 4:35) Shredding electric guitar? Yes, please. Crank it to 11!

Gone Angels (Mili)
(Length: 2:24) Sweet and creepy? Sure. This reminds me a bit of the viral song on TikTok, Hide and Seek.


You can listen to the full soundtrack here:


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

I last wrote about this game in a Wishlist Wednesday entry last December. Reviews of the game suggested that the OST needed my attention as well, so here we are! There's some great stuff on here, and a nice variety of sound to match the variety of characters you collect in the game. If you try the game, be sure to get the OST with it!


THE COMPOSER

Studio EIM is a game sound team that has previously done work for Mabinogi, Maple Story, and Skul: The Hero Slayer. They've been around since 2015. Most information links are in Korean or no longer available, so pardon a lack of info here!

Mili is an indie band based in Japan that has been active for about 10 years. They've done tracks for the previous game in this series, Limbus Company; as well as for some games like Ender Lilies, World Flipper, and The Creature; and for some anime titles like The Executioner and Her Way of Life, The Missing 8, Goblin Slayer, and Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045.


If you like what you heard here, you can purchase the soundtrack on Steam:




If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment