Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Wishlist Wednesday: Beacon Pines

   

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Beacon Pines by Hiding Spot.



THE STATS

Name: Beacon Pines
Developer: Hiding Spot
Publisher: Fellow Traveller
Release Date: 2022
Genres: Adventure, indie
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM HIDINGSPOTGAMES.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

First, the devs won me over by admitting in their Press Kit that the game was originally going to be a rhythm-based RPG. They ended up changing direction because they felt the story and characters were the most compelling aspects of the game--and they built on that! So now we have this amazing little story-based game that actually focuses on a magic storybook which the player can edit with collected words to change how the story goes. It's practically a choose-your-own-adventure novel from the 90's! The artwork is beautiful as well, and the presented story seems both innocent and scary. 



If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment