Saturday, March 11, 2023

Soundtrack Saturday: Seventh Lair


In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Seventh Lair by NOVECT.

THE STATS

Name: Seventh Lair
Developer: 
NOVECT
Publisher: MangaGamer, WhisperGames
Release Date: February 24, 2022
Genres: Adventure, Indie
Composer: tetem., arr. by Yusuke Tsutsumi


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 


    Since it's a short soundtrack, you get all 6 tracks here in video form (link below). My favorite track is definitely Land of Nowhere!

    "Tell me stories and take me to the Land of Nowhere..."


You can listen to the full soundtrack here (playlist link):

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

    So, my confession here is that I went looking through the Steam store for available OSTs, and added some to my list that way. I had no idea what Seventh Lair was or was about. I almost didn't write about it because I couldn't find an available playlist to share, and it was only 6 tracks. Since it was only 6 tracks, I put them on a single playlist via my own YouTube account. Once I did that, I hit play.

    And I melted.

    This caliber of music deserves a much longer playlist, and a much longer game. It's kind of a bonus off-shoot game that references the developer's other success (The House in Fata Morgana -- and several of the characters appear in Seventh Lair), and only takes a few hours to play. Despite that, this music is just phenomenal. And based on the Steam reviews of the game, I think I'm going to recommend buying the bundle of game & OST. 

    To quote the game's description: "This Meta-Fantasy explores raw emotion and despair, in the context of our interactions on the web." It also includes a content warning about blood and self-harm, with several reviewers noting the main series gets dark and this April Fool release is no different.

    Steam user andrealfus said, the day after its release: 
"had me ugly crying at 4 in the morning, 10/10"

THE COMPOSERS



If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment