Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Digimon Survive


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Digimon Survive by HYDE, Inc.


THE STATS

Name: Digimon Survive
Developer: HYDE, Inc.
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Release Date: July 28, 2022
Genres: RPG, visual novel, tactical
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM BANDAINAMCOENT.COM







(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    I've loved Digimon since they graced my TV screen in the late 90's, when I was admittedly already in high school. I had never had an interest in Pokemon which seemed geared towards younger kids, and by comparison Digimon covered more realistic topics, themes, and even had creatures who conversed as individuals.

    Despite my love of Digimon, I haven't yet found a Digimon game that was fun to play (for a variety of reasons I won't get into here -- spanning from game mechanics to mon variety to cohesive story). Survive is a combination of tactical RPG with visual novel, and it clearly intends to have a suspenseful/scary element to the story as well. That sounds like it might not be half bad! 

    My biggest beef with everything I've seen for the game is that they keep choosing iconic partner Digimon to be rehashed in the main cast. With so many options, you'd think they could let others have a turn at being awesome! (But I get it -- the familiar, popular ones help sell the game.)


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment