Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Mr. Saitou


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Mr. Saitou by Laura Shigihara--and it comes out tomorrow!


THE STATS

Name: Mr. Saitou
Developer: Laura Shigihara
Publisher: Laura Shigihara
Release Date: March 23, 2023
Genres: Adventure, Indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM STEAM PAGE









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    My introduction to Laura Shigihara was at the most poignant part of the game To The Moon, where she sang the bittersweet story behind the game in "Everything's Alright." If you haven't played the game, you should -- and you'll understand what I mean. 

    Now, at that point in time, she had already scored Plants vs. Zombies the year before, and would go on to publish her own game, Rakuen, the world of which this game (Mr. Saitou) takes place in. She's done an incredible amount of musical work in her life, and she is an absolute TREASURE to watch when she streams on Twitch. 

    If this game's story is anything like Rakuen (and the trailer leads me to believe it is), then I absolutely want it and expect to cry. I also expect to be covering the soundtrack at some point.


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment