Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Katamari Damacy Reroll


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Katamari Damacy Reroll by Bandai Namco Entertainment.



THE STATS

Name: Katamari Damacy Reroll
Creator: Keita Takahashi
Developer: MONKEYCRAFT Co. Ltd
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Release Date: December 7, 2018
Genres: Puzzle, action
Wishlist Location: Humble Bundle


MEDIA FROM BANDAINAMCOENT.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

I have the original game for the PS2, and I absolutely loved it (even though I never finished it). This is the remake with updated graphics, basically. And I can play it on my PC.

If you never had the joy of playing any of the Katamari games, you don't know what you're missing. The basic premise is to ball stuff up and keep making bigger balls of stuff. Yes, it's kooky. Yes, the music will get stuck in your head. But that's what's great about it! (I should probably do a Soundtrack Saturday entry for it...)

Now, in doing my homework for this entry, I saw the... uh... worrisome list of Katamari game titles. If you pretend they're chapters in a dating sim game, then Reroll is clearly when you start the game over because you didn't like the ending you got the first time. (And seriously, who decided that Touch My Katamari was an acceptable title to put on the PS Vita?)

Weird and questionable titles aside, the game is addicting once you get rolling! (See what I did there? You see it, right? Rolling? Yeah, I'll stop there.)


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment