Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Wishlist Wednesday: Mortal Kombat 1


 On Wishlist Wednesdays I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Mortal Kombat 1 by NetherRealm Studios.


THE STATS

Name: Mortal Kombat 1
Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Games
Release Date: September 19, 2023
Genres: Action, Fighting
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM MORTALKOMBAT.COM










(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)

WHY I WANT IT

    So you should already know I love fighting games because I have blogged about SoulCalibur before, but before SoulCalibur there was Mortal Kombat. I'm fairly certain it was Mortal Kombat II, as it was on my cousin's Sega Genesis. I was terrible at it, but it didn't diminish the joy of trying to beat my opponents (my cousins). I would later get the chance to play against a friend and her sister. I am embarrassed to say that I own Mortal Kombat Komplete and couldn't finish the tutorial because I am THAT bad at using a controller. That hasn't stopped me from wanting newer titles in the series, however, and with 1 being a reboot it's the perfect time to get back into it!


If you want to experience iconic fatalities for yourself, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next time for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment