Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Streets of Rogue


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Streets of Rogue by Matt Dabrowski.


THE STATS

Name: Streets of Rogue
Developer: Matt Dabrowski
Publisher: tinyBuild
Release Date: July 12, 2019
Genres: Action, adventure, indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM STREETSOFROGUE.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)

WHY I WANT IT

    If nothing else, get this game for the soundtrack. I heard about this game by dropping in on a friend's stream (shoutout to YohDood!). Not only was I curious about the gameplay, but the music was awesome. It immediately put me in mind of Crypt of the NecroDancer crossed with some popular music/themes. You'll be regaled by such sonorous hits as "I'm Too Arousing For My Turtleneck," "Won't You Kindly Increase the Decibels," and "Let's Get Ready to (Hash Out Our Differences Peacefully)." My favorite is "Thwomp! (Is) (There It)" which reminds me of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beverly Hills Cop.

    But also, check out that trailer! It's really a game where you can play how you want to. If the co-op wasn't a draw, surely the play-style choices and the customization make this a title to add to your list. (And there's a sequel available to wishlist!)


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment