Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: To The Rescue!


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is To The Rescue! by Little Rock Games.


THE STATS

Name: To The Rescue!
Developer: Little Rock Games
Publisher: Freedom Games
Release Date: November 2, 2021
Genres: Casual, indie, simulation
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM TOTHERESCUEGAME.COM







(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)

WHY I WANT IT

    Okay, so -- ignoring the Mixed reviews on Steam -- this is a simulation game about a running a dog shelter. I can't say no to that, no matter what anyone says. Will it be perfect? No. I worked in pet retail for almost a decade and I know exactly how unglamorous it is to care for animals, educate others, and deal with the maintenance of everything. It's that much harder when you're at a shelter with limited funds and options. You have to do what you can, and nothing can sugarcoat it. A simulator of that wouldn't sell, so this is an idealized version to begin with. And isn't that what we're after in a game anyway?

    Only 1/3 of the reviews are negative, and the majority of those are about bugs or the game being shallow (see what I said about about "idealized"). I'd still give the game a go. Why? Doggos. Bonus? The game just released on the Switch last month, and 20% of proceeds from Switch & PC sales go towards The Petfinder Foundation which supports real life animal shelters. 


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment