Monday, January 29, 2024

Make-It Monday: Emotes, Part 1


In this new blog series I'll be wandering off the path a little to explore creative ventures -- some related to gaming, some not! Topics range across the spectrum of cooking, crafts, writing, ranking, drawing and more. This entry's focus is Emotes.


    If you didn't know, back in November on Giving Tuesday I finally earned Twitch Affiliate status -- and really, is there any better day for a charity streamer to earn that particular designation? With Affiliate comes several new facets of Twitch content creation, and one of them is the ability to have my own channel emotes. Not just emotes, either -- I can offer special emotes for subscribers!

    This, however, leaves me in a pickle! What sorts of emotes does my channel need? What do my regular viewers want to see? I have been trying to nail down some kind of theme for my channel aesthetics. For the most part, people seem to enjoy when I stream niche, unique indie titles... even more so when they're what the kids call "cozy." This suits me just fine since my Extra Life theme for 2024 is Creativity. I'll be focusing on games with crafting elements, or simply pretty graphics or beautiful storytelling. A fellow streamer said I'm pleasant to listen to, and a little poll I ran a while back also narrowed things down to a fantasy/twilight mood from a lot of my content and demeanor. 

    This leads me to, of course, my penchant for fantasy stories -- both the reading and writing of. I also love fantasy games more than any other genre... so I've decided to make my channel art reflective of a magical twilight forest. This may eventually lead to a change in my panel art, as well as banner and streaming overlays. But I think it's safe to say the emotes will include some cute forest creatures, mythical creatures, RPG elements, and word art. I have already made subscription badges (story pages and whole story book for the 1-year badge) and bits badges (bookmarks in bronze, silver, and gold).

    I haven't sketched any of my emote ideas yet, but I wanted to give everyone the heads up on the idea! What do you think of it? What emotes would you like to see available on my Twitch channel? 


No comments:

Post a Comment