Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wishlist Wednesday: Slime Rancher 2


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Slime Rancher 2 by Monomi Park.


THE STATS

Name: Slime Rancher 2
Developer: Monomi Park
Publisher: Monomi Park
Release Date: September 22, 2022 (Early Access)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Casual, Indie, Simulation, Early Access
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM SLIMERANCHER.COM












(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)

WHY I WANT IT

    Having played the first Slime Rancher game, it is both a lot of cute fun and very addicting. It also isn't that easy! Slimes don't do what you want them to, and the variety of types means having to strategize to succeed. 

    I may also be biased in that I have been a fan of the Art Director for... 22 years. He's none other than Ian McConville of Mac Hall infamy. If you don't know who he is, that's okay. But if you enjoy the art of Slime Rancher, you should check out Mac Hall as well as 3 Panel Soul (web comics), and know that he was also the Lead Artist for Spiral Knights.

    The slimes are cute. The gameplay is only slightly challenging sometimes but easy to learn. This sequel offers a lot more than the first game, so naturally I really want it. Did I mention the slimes are cute?


If you want to experience this colorful game for yourself, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next time for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment