Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wishlist Wednesday: Praey For The Gods


 On Wishlist Wednesdays I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Praey For The Gods by No Matter Studios.


THE STATS

Name: Praey For The Gods
Developer: No Matter Studios
Publisher: No Matter Studios
Release Date: December 14, 2021
Genres: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM PRAEYFORTHEGODS.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)

WHY I WANT IT

    I initially tossed this game on my wishlist a year ago when I was scouring Steam for anything related to mythology or epic adventures since my Extra Life theme for 2023 was Mythology. While some of the titles I added for the same reason have since become part of my library, this one hasn't... mainly because it really does seem like a spiritual successor to Shadow of the Colossus. I struggled SO MUCH with that game on PS4 for Extra Life one year, and I guess that's really stuck with me. Praey also seems to be channeling some Horizon: Zero Dawn vibes with the bow-wielding female protagonist. (Not that I have anything against that!) 

    While the game hasn't received the greatest reviews, I think it looks like it succeeds in what it sets out to do -- and that's make epic battles out of the giant monsters. I may get around to playing this title yet!


If you want to experience this mythical game for yourself, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next time for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment