Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Tangledeep


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Tangledeep by Impact Gameworks.




THE STATS

Name: Tangledeep
Developer: Impact Gameworks
Publisher: Impact Gameworks
Release Date: February 1, 2018
Genres: Indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM TANGLEDEEP.COM










(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

I'm not necessarily good at roguelikes, especially the ones with permadeath, but there's something attractive about well-made ones in older graphics styles. The 16-bit sprites and environments are pleasing to the eye and I'd love to see just how far I could make it since every playthrough is different and there are lots of choices to make.

I also like the part where I can capture monsters to keep as pets. I like that I can remove that pesky permadeath with the Adventure mode. And I really want to find out why the people in the game have been living underground for hundreds of years. That alone is interesting enough for me to want to brave my pixelated way through the Tangledeep!

When you add in a great soundtrack, the Steam workshop, and Very Positive reviews... how can I resist?


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment