Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Spiritfarer

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Spiritfarer by Thunder Lotus Games.



Apologies for this entry being late! I went to see Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings last night and completely forgot I had an entry due the next morning. 
--snarkqueen

THE STATS

Name: Spiritfarer
Developer: Thunder Lotus Games
Publisher: Thunder Lotus Games
Release Date: August 18, 2020
Genres: Indie, adventure, platform, simulation
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM THUNDERLOTUSGAMES.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

This game has a mix of some of my favorite things to do in gaming: exploration; management activities like cooking, fishing, farming, and crafting; building bonds with interesting characters; customizations; hand-drawn art and animation to feast upon; and even local co-op play! Best of all, this comes from the same devs who brought us Jotun!

If you missed the details above, you play as a ferrymaster named Stella who explores, befriends spirits, cares for the spirits, and eventually sets them free into the afterlife. You get to have a casual, relaxing time with your friends, customize your ferry, and... somehow learn to say goodbye. Despite that eventual sadness, it sounds like a perfectly lovely game -- plus you have a cat friend. CAT.


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here or use this handy widget:


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!


No comments:

Post a Comment