Saturday, November 13, 2021

Soundtrack Saturday: Lake

 

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Lake by Gamious.



OF SPECIAL NOTE

First, there was no single composer responsible for this soundtrack, so please note that the stats credit two individuals as Sound Designers -- the ones behind sound and music choices for the game.

Second, this entry is a little sparse because of a loss in my family, but I didn't want to skip scheduled content.

--snarkqueen


THE STATS

Name: Lake
Developer: Gamious

Publisher: Gamious, Whitethorn Digital

Release Date: September 1, 2021
Genres: Adventure, indie
Sound Designers: Lars Tesselaar, Niels van der Leest



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 

Greyhound to Chicago by Courses
(Length: 2:00) There's something very 90's here... and it reminds me a little bit of Counting Crows, Hootie and the Blowfish, and countless others. "Stop draggin’ your heart around baby/ Stop lettin’ the chances slip you by/ Stop saying another day maybe/ Wave your long nights goodbye."

Open Sky by Velvet Moon
(Length: 3:07) The gorgeous acoustic guitar and wonderful lyrics make this one an instant favorite for me. "Fire, breath, and open sky/ It's not what we know/ It's where we go."

Perpetual Transit by Walt Adams
(Length: 1:56) A very down-home, country feel... and somehow it doesn't feel dull or flat. I like the smart use of the solo bass halfway through to keep things interesting and balanced.


You can listen to the complete playlist here:


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

This is a great playlist to queue up on Spotify for light, folksy, acoustic, sunny vibes without being too cutesy or artificial. Sometimes, that's all the selling point you need.


THE SOUND DESIGNERS

Lars Tesselaar: Co-founder of Game Audio Squad

Niels van der Leest: Award-winning and BAFTA nominated composer, known for other recent works like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Phoenix II, Horizon: Forbidden West.



If you like what you heard here, use the links I shared above! Gamious can't sell the soundtrack as a whole because most of the music is licensed, but that won't stop you from enjoying the Spotify playlist they put together for the fans!



If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment